Our Family forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Our Family forum

Peg and Ted's family forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Peggy & Ted’s first meeting ( 17th October 1927)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
George Jones

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2006-07-15

Peggy & Ted’s first meeting ( 17th October 1927) Empty
PostSubject: Peggy & Ted’s first meeting ( 17th October 1927)   Peggy & Ted’s first meeting ( 17th October 1927) EmptyFri 26 Jan 2007 - 1:29

This is how Peggy described her first meeting with Ted.
“I was 18 on the Monday and I met Ted on the next Saturday. My Dad came home from work, he did deliveries, and said to my Mum ‘There’s a young fellow at work who's looking for a room and I said we had one but I needed to speak to you first.’ Mum said ‘If he’s a drinker I don’t want him here.’ My Dad did deliveries to a brewery and they always gave him a drink but when he got paid he always went to the pub before coming home. Mum often sent me to the pub to see if he was there and I would tell him that Mum had sent me. I would then go home and say that I couldn’t see him and after a short while he would come home. He wasn’t a nasty drinker, in fact he was quiet, but when he came home he would start counting his coins from one hand to the other and my Mum would knock them flying. Ted’s Mum had died when he was 15 and his Dad was a rotter so all the children left home. Ted came on the Saturday when Mum was cooking meat pudding and he said ‘That’s my favourite’, Mum said ‘There’s plenty’. So Ted came to live with us.”
Back to top Go down

Peggy & Ted’s first meeting ( 17th October 1927)
Page 1 of 1