Our Family forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Our Family forum

Peg and Ted's family forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ted - 10 Years on

Go down 
AuthorMessage
George Jones

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2006-07-15

Ted - 10 Years on Empty
PostSubject: Ted - 10 Years on   Ted - 10 Years on EmptySat 29 Nov 2008 - 21:28

Ted - 10 Years on Scan0009gy0.th As with Vic in October, it is now 10 years since Ted died.
On the wall outside my bedroom there is a photograph of both Ted and Peggy. It was taken in their declining years but still at a time when they were sufficiently robust to find a lot of pleasure in their lives. They enjoyed thoroughly seeing all those family members who loved to visit them; and for the family’s part it never became just another chore which needed to be endured. I pass this photograph as I enter and leave my bedroom and, daft as it may seem, I never fail to wish them a “Good night” or a “Good morning”.

Ted was always the true strength of the family and all those who knew him found him to be a kindly, wise and gentle man. During the last few years of his life he was not able to get to know, in any depth, the newborn members, or they him. Also, of course, those born within the past ten years missed the opportunity to know him. However, hopefully each one of them will learn about and benefit from his honesty and strength of character and above all his love of family and the belief that they should stick together.
Back to top Go down

Ted - 10 Years on
Page 1 of 1