Our Family forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Our Family forum

Peg and Ted's family forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Maternal Grandparents’ Business

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
George Jones

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2006-07-15

My Maternal Grandparents’ Business Empty
PostSubject: My Maternal Grandparents’ Business   My Maternal Grandparents’ Business EmptyFri 26 Jan 2007 - 12:25

Mum’s parents [Florence Ada and George Hall] had had a café in Queen Anne’s Court, in the West End of London, before the 1st World War but when the war started in 1914, and her Dad had been drafted into the army, her Mum could no longer continue to run it by herself and bring-up the children, so it had to be sold; Mum must have been no more than 4 or 5 years old. We had never known anything about this period in Mum’s life until she mentioned it sometime during the year 2000, when she was nearly 91 years old. The truth is that when she did mention it I thought it was little more than the ramblings of an old lady, after all it had never arisen before. However, not too long after this Lu went to Town and she took her camera with her. She visited Queen Anne’s Court and would you believe it, there is still a café cum baker shop on the spot where all those years earlier my Grandparents had had their little business. Mum’s mind had dredged up this long buried memory plus the fact that almost opposite there had been a theatre, there still is.
Back to top Go down
Halina Sauret

Halina Sauret

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2006-07-09

PostSubject: Re: My Maternal Grandparents’ Business   My Maternal Grandparents’ Business EmptyFri 26 Jan 2007 - 21:37

So, can we see the photo on here????
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54230131@N04/
George Jones

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2006-07-15

PostSubject: Re: My Maternal Grandparents’ Business   My Maternal Grandparents’ Business EmptyFri 26 Jan 2007 - 21:39

Yes, I will dig it out and add.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Maternal Grandparents’ Business   My Maternal Grandparents’ Business Empty

Back to top Go down

My Maternal Grandparents’ Business
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Family forum :: Postings :: Stories and anecdotes-
Jump to: